Imagine if every child and young person in Ireland could grow up as part of a community where they could experience inclusion, creativity, diversity and empowerment through music.
Help Music Generation provide inspiring, exciting and accessible music education programmes for children and young people by joining our Musician Educator panel.
We are seeking Musician Educators who:
- Are able to motivate and inspire children and young people about music
- Demonstrate an understanding of effective group performance music education pedagogy
- Work effectively as an individual and as part of a team
- Demonstrate a passion for high quality performance music education and a commitment to their own continuing professional development
- Show an understanding of the Music Generation local and national programme and are prepared to work positively to promote its goals.
To qualify for appointment candidates must:
- Be a motivated, accomplished, reflective musician with demonstrable skills in at least one instrument/voice
- Have a proven track record in delivering to a high standard in at least one group performance music education context or genre
- Have a full current driving licence with access to own transport.
- An appropriate third level qualification in music and/or music education and/or equivalent quantifiable experience
- Experience in leading and developing instrumental and/or vocal ensembles in any genre
- An ability to play an additional instrument(s) to a good standard
- An ability to deliver through Irish is an advantage
- Experience in delivering online music tuition